GFHH will basically be an audio version of the blog–but will be way more consistent and full of even more awesome. We also have Void’s Video Game News Now, where he summarizes the major gaming headlines of the day to save you time, and the upcoming Knowby’s Longbox, a comics podcast that’s going to be just phenomenal if the proof-of-concept episodes are any indication. We think you’re going to enjoy all this many, many bunches!
That said, the feed for Health Hacks is being submitted to all the major players (iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, etc.), and it should be approved soon. But you can listen to the very first episode right now. Just click the play button in your browser. It’s that easy.
And as of right now, I am going to be posting the show notes and links to the episodes as they come out here on the blog, make sure you sign up for the mailing list so you never miss an episode.
Anyway, enough rambling about that. Let’s get on with the show. Literally!
Geek Fitness Health Hacks – Episode 001 – “Running with Asthma!”
RUNNING WITH ASTHMA!
- Roughly 15% of athletes are diagnosed with exercise-induced asthma, but many people believe it’s a make-believe ailment.
- You can still be a runner if you have EIA or traditional asthma.
- You need to train like you have asthma by altering training plans, allowing yourself more time, keeping an inhaler handy, and not comparing yourself to athletes who don’t have asthma.
- You will progress more slowly, but you will progress.
Beej’s SOMETHING of the Week!
- Quest Bars are the best protein bars I’ve found. They’re expensive, but worth the splurge. Especially since I discovered this health hack.
- Bake them in the dashboard of your car! Just leave the bar in the sun and come back to a delightfully warm cookie bar. OMG!
- The wrapper made it lovely and soft and delicious.
- I am so going to leave them in there all day long and see how it is. I can’t imagine how it would be bad.
THE QUEST LOG
- I have gained 25lbs since September because of an injury, and I am trying to get back down to where my clothes fit.
- Trying not to use weight as a metric as much as my energy levels and how clothes fit.
- How? Portion control, exercising more, eating less garbage
- For instance, when my wife was out of town, I ate 4 Double Stuf Oreo Sonic Blasts in 4 days. (And a week before that, having a large one with both M&Ms and Oreos in it.)
- My body is reacting to my re-adopted healthy habits much like you’d expect–”Holy crap! I’m dying!”
- But…my body is slowly adapting. And the pounds will melt off soon(ish). I hope.
Feel free to reach out to me! I’d love to hear from you!
Geek Fitness Health Hacks is part of the Geek to Geek Podcast Network. Check out our other podcasts and bask in the awesomeness!