I like blogs. Probably kind of obvious since I have more than one of them myself. I spend a lot of time reading on teh intarwebz–and I’m always looking to expand my horizons. I tend to find a lot of interesting stuff from Twitter and Flipboard, but I tend to get the best results from personal recommendations.
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for new health and fitness blogs to jump-start your routines (especially this time of year when we need to lose that holiday weight we packed on).
My favorite health and fitness blogs
Of course, I can’t not mention the old standbys of Livestrong, Runner’s World, and Competitor. They’re great for what they do, but they’re kind of megasites with lots of resources aimed at the general public. They offer some truly fantastic information, but if you’re looking for some good, old fashioned nerdy fitness stuff, you won’t really find it there.
I love reading blogs by more ordinary people. The kind where you get to know the writer through personal stories and anecdotes, picking up tips and tricks along the way. When I’m looking for health and fitness blogs to read, my first stop is Flipboard. I love Flipboard. You follow magazines that people put articles they want to share. It’s like Pinterest, except it’s for finding articles to read more than infographics and crafts. It’s really awesome.
But really, these are the main health and fitness blogs I rarely miss:
- SideQuest Fitness – Robbie may be a Sith, but he knows what he’s talking about when it comes to getting in shape.
- Be A Health Geek – Mike has one of the best nerdy fitness sites around. Want to be a real life superhero? Let him help.
- Run, Selfie, Repeat! – Kelly’s super funny. I love anything absurd and goofy, and following along with her escapades makes me giggle.
- Dumbbells and Dragons – Know what’s better than rolling a D20 against a juvenile green dragon? Letting Kenny show you how to roll a natural 20 on your health.
- Obese to Beast – While I don’t have either the crazy muscles or amount of loose skin that John does, I totally commiserate with him because massive weight loss does come with its own set of challenges most of us aren’t aware of.
That’s mine. What are yours?
With so many health and fitness blogs out there, I am not even scratching the surface. But I want to throw a bunch into my reader and pretty much drown in all the healthy goodness I can in 2017. So let me know what health and fitness blogs you’re going to be reading this year, so I can join you!