Press play below to listen to the episode, or check it out here if you can’t see the download. Additionally, you can find GFHH on iTunes,Stitcher, and YouTube (or whatever your favorite podcasting service is!)
Like that old dude in the cave said in The Legend of Zelda back on the NES, “It’s Dangerous to Go Alone.” And honestly, it kind of is. As you embark on your fitness quest, the most dangerous thing you can do is try to do this solo.
Just like in a video game, if you try to take on the fitness dungeon alone, you’re probably gonna wipe.
So you need to look for people to party up with!
- Friends and family IRL want to help! They love you!
- People at the gym are there for the same reason! Talk to them!
- Check out Twitter! There are lots of cool hashtags with awesome people! (I’m biased toward #RunChat and #MeatlessMonday, personally).
- Reddit has some awesome subs like /r/yoga, /r/runninglifestyle, and even /r/loseit for weight loss.
- Also: Facebook! The awesome Geek Fitness page is there to help, and so are your family and friends!
SOMETHING OF THE WEEK
- Linux! Ubuntu!
- My Windows PC crashed 4x this week. Winload.exe crashed a bunch. Between Win10 and Win8.1, I got mad and installed Linux.
- It’s my first time. And it’s awesome. Truly amazing. If you’ve ever been interested in it even a little, you totally should.
- You can even run Ubuntu straight off a USB drive with no installation.
THE QUEST LOG
- I’ve been making excuses! I haven’t been going to the gym!
- I am totally embarrassed to tell you folks that, so as soon as I finished recording this, I put pants on and went to the gym and did a full set of weights and rode the stationary bike for cardio.
- Thanks for existing, fitgeeks!
Remember, you can get 50% off your first month of Team Treehouse by going to http://treehouse.geekfitness.net, and you can also support the podcast by checking out my new Patreon! For a quarter a week, I’ll give you a hug. Seriously.
Feel free to reach out to me! I’d love to hear from you!
- Twitter: @professorbeej
- Instagram: @geekfitness_
- Facebook: geekfitnessnet
- YouTube: geekfitnessnet
- Website: GeekFitness.net
Geek Fitness Health Hacks is part of the Geek to Geek Podcast Network. Check out our other podcasts and bask in the awesomeness!
Music by http://carbohydromusic.com