Press play below to listen to the episode, or check it out here if you can’t see the download. Additionally, you can find GFHH on iTunes,Stitcher, and YouTube (or whatever your favorite podcasting service is!)
The thing is, though, we make excuses so that we don’t have to show up, and then we delude ourselves into thinking we’re totally present and engaged in our lives, when in fact, we’re just going through the motions. We’re just phoning it in and making excuses for ourselves.
And half the time (and let’s be honest here–it’s probably way more than that), we don’t even realize that we’re making excuses. We think that we are being totally and completely rational and justified in our delusions.
The main excuse any of us make is that we just don’t have enough time in our busy schedules to do whatever it is we need to do to take care of ourselves.
And that’s garbage.
Because I guarantee that we have time. There have to be 15-20 minutes every single day that we’re not doing anything worthwhile. Because there are things you can do to make your life healthier and happier that you could be doing instead.
You have to carve out time for the life you want to live and the way you want to live it.
It’s is hard. It can take a ton of willpower to get and stay motivated. I want to tell you that it’s worth the effort. But I don’t know that for sure. I can only assume it is. Hope it is.
What I can tell you for sure, though, is that the excuses you’re making to avoid putting in that effort to see…well, they’re garbage. Just like mine have been for a very, very long time.
BEEJ’S SOMETHING OF THE WEEK!
- Team Treehouse (use this link to get a 7-day free trial, 50% off your first month’s membership, AND I get 20% off my own subscription for referring you. It’s freaking awesome.)
- I decided to finally pay for something after trying tons of free tutorials and video courses online over the past six months(from Code Academy to FreeCodeCamp to Codeschool to Code Wars to Learn Ruby the Hard Way to Michael Hartl’s Rails Tutorial).
- I am excited to dive into Open Source projects once I have the know-how.
- I’m hitting up local MeetUps for techies in the coming weeks. I’m giddy to get my networking on.
THE QUEST LOG
- Had to lay low this week because I tweaked my back. But I am doing yoga every single day.
- Been practicing in different ways, and I really love the /r/yoga community on Reddit.
- I made an appearance on The Comic Box this week. Your friendly, neighborhood comic-geek Rob and I talk Frank Miller, our histories with comic books, and really get into how much fun it is to make mouth sounds as transitional music between segments. You guys, I have a fever now. There will be mouth sounds eventually on Health Hacks. It’s going to be epic (and probably terrible).
Feel free to reach out to me! I’d love to hear from you!
Geek Fitness Health Hacks is part of the Geek to Geek Podcast Network. Check out our other podcasts and bask in the awesomeness!
Music by http://carbohydromusic.com